Friday 8 April 2011

Project Evaluation

Overall, I am satisfied with the outcomes I have produced for the Mutton Quad brief. I think my links between typography & the theme of the restaurant is fairly strong, although I admit I could have done a couple of things in addition to emphasize these links even more, perhaps having the history of the Trajan Pro typeface & it's links to Trajans Column & Trajan himself written on items within the restaurant. I also wanted to create something visual to decorate the interior of the restaurant, but couldn't really think of anything typographic to feature, other than what was already on my menus, stationery etc. If I had designed something for the interior, it would have been very imagery-driven, similar to a wall mural, and therefore would have gained me no extra points as this is a Typographically-based brief. In terms of the imagery I opted to use, I am happy with how I decided to feature Latin text from the foot of Trajans Column, as I think this shows even more links to my chosen typeface, as it is set in a very similar way. Regarding final outcomes, I feel I could have done something more in addition to the outcomes shown. I would have liked to have created some form of Wine label, although due to the amount of times I decided to change my idea for this brief, I was left with little time to create such items. While my time was not necessarily badly managed, as I was constantly developing ideas, it would have been better to have come up with an idea early on & pursued that throughout, although I think I benefited in the long run as my previous ideas were not particularly typographically-driven & showed no links between the restaurant theme & typography. In summary, I am happy with my project outcome. I think the links to typography are visible, although I do wish looking back, that I had put more emphasis on type as a theme.

No comments:

Post a Comment