Friday 1 April 2011

Developing the Logo

I've narrowed my logo designs down to four concepts. Since I was having problems deciding on a style & position for the marque, I've placed my four final designs on a sheet in hopes of getting a bit of insight into which one looks better. Personally, the first & second logos look most appealing to me, I wasn't too keen on the solid black helmet at first, but in this position I think it looks ok, flipped horizontally it almost finishes off the logo, but on the other hand, I really like the stenciled marque which uses a simple outline. I've lost a bit of enthusiasm for the last two designs, as I don't think the marque looks as effective above the type. I'm leaning towards keeping it at the side as it appears to flow better as part of the logo. I'm confident about position, just not about style. I'm really finding it hard to pick between solid black & outline. Solid black looks good as it is a more prominent marque, but also looks a little too bold, while the outline marque looks cleaner & more polished, yet perhaps too simple & not eye catching enough to have as a marque. Things can go either way now.

No comments:

Post a Comment