Friday 1 April 2011

Developing Menu Concepts

Getting familiar with my menu concepts, I've come up with this rough idea. It's not finished yet, still needs things cleaning up & adding to it, but you get the basic idea. I've featured the logo on the front of the menu in a dark shade of grey, as opposed to bold black, just to add a bit of subtlety to the logo. I think this works much better. The typeface, Trajan Pro is used throughout the menu to reinforce the Roman/Latin theme. Imagery/Colour wise, I've opted for a very stoney, reddish-brown colour to reflect the stone that Trajan's Column is made from, with subtle images of the sculptures from the column included. I'm pretty happy with what I've come up with for the menu so far, and am looking forward to developing this idea further. I'll be using a similar theme on other items in the restaurant, such as Wine labels, Drinks menus etc. I'm on the fence about creating a simple back-to-back menu, and create a seperate drinks menu, or to do them all as one as a multi-page menu. Leaning towards the idea of a back-to-back menu, as I'd like to create a seperate drinks menu, thus widening my design opportunities.

No comments:

Post a Comment